MARX AND BENSDORF REALTORSCell : (901) 496-5702Office: (901) 682-1868 ext email@example.com
As a native Memphian with a family deeply rooted in the Memphis real estate community, I've had the privilege of living all over this great city, giving me a knowledge of and appreciation for the City of Memphis. Since a young age, I've been mentored by my father, who has developed many of the finest communities in Memphis for over 35 years. As a trailblazer in the real estate industry, he has helped me to develop a keen understanding of the real estate market in which we live.
: Memphis Germantown Collierville Cordova Eads Lakeland Arlington
Fayette County: Piperton Eads Rossville Moscow Lagrange Williston Oakland Somerville
I am ENTHUSIASTIC:
I understand that you are busy with day to day activities.I understand that you have a family to provide for. I understand that life brings enough stress as it is and buying a new home or selling your existing home is an added pressure You Don"t Need! You have limited resources and time to invest in finding a new home or properly marketing your existing home. That is why I specialize in helping you regardless of what your real estate needs are.
I am RESOURCEFUL:
Today's real estate market is ever changing. It is important to make sure you have the latest tools to market your home when selling in this market. On the other hand, it is equally important for you to be able to easily review prospective properties available in the areas and under the criteria you are looking.
I am THOROUGH:
Whether you are looking for a new home or you are trying to sell your current property,I will provide you with a seamless experience so you can focus on what is most important to you.My objective is to make your real estate investment an enjoyable and profitable experience.
"Let me make your house a home"
"Exceeding Our Clients' Expectations For Over 140 Years"
Since 1868, Marx - Bensdorf Realtors has served Memphis and the surrounding real estate industry. As the oldest real estate firm in the area, we know our territory, its economic climate, its markets and its people. We enjoy a position of trust in our community because we select only agents who have achieved outstanding sales records and have demonstrated unquestionable integrity. The professional expertise and pride of our agents complements the attractiveness of the homes we list and lends credibility, which translates into purchasing power to the buyers we represent.Marx and Bensdorf is proud to be a part of the Memphis business community and to contribute to the careful and positive growth of our city. Our active participation in both professional and civic organizations allows us both to serve our community and to offer our clients the best advice on real estate market trends.Marx and Bensdorf is a landmark firm offering a unique team of realtors who maintain one of the highest per-agent sales volumes in the area; but we believe that past performance is important to you only in that it indicates professional expertise and capabilities. We are committed to a philosophy that our agency does not serve you; our agents do. We take pride in being different from large and national franchise firms who promote the "illusion" that you somehow derive direct benefit by their sheer number of agents.Marx and Bensdorf wants to be your realtor and we will work to earn that privilege. Our mission is to give our clients the best professional service they have ever received.
Marx-Bensdorf Relocation is one of Memphis' longest standing and most active
firms. By our continuous affiliation with major national networks,our listing are nationally exposed, and our agents are specialists at assisting transferred families. Moreover, our website
and internet activity provide you with the broadest and latest range of services.(Click the more button for more details)
Through Partnering,we are equipped to handle all aspects of a move for you. Our progam includes but is not limited to:
Home marketing assistance
Corporate transfer buyout Home marketing assistance Home purchase buyers representationTemporary housing Spouse career assistance
Moving van coordination Comprehensive destination relocation
Home purchase buyers representation Pet moving informationRental assistance
Group move coordination Airport pickup for home finding trips
Competing mortgage information Destination area counseling and city tour packageThese tools allow us to provide transferring employees with the best possible service in minimimizing the trauma of moving their families, not only from the best network in the world(Leading Real Estate Companies of the World), but locally, from the oldest Real Estate company in Memphis, who has enjoyed a position of trust in the community since 1868.
Memphis City Schools
City of Germantown
City of Collierville
City of Memphis
City of Bartlett
City of Lakeland
City of Arlington
Wolf River Conservancy and trails
Hikes Along The Wolf River
REAL ESTATE INFO
Memphis Area Association of Realtors
Tennessee Association of Realtors
National Association of Realtors
Zillo.com Homes for Sale and Values
Trulia Real Estate Search
Germantown Water Services
Shelby County Register
Marx-Bensdorf has embraced social media as a method of communication and community building. In addition to choosing Facebook or Twitter as a possible communication preference, you can stay in touch with us minute by minute.
You can also follow me on Facebook through my Jon Dickens Realtor page. Here are just a few of the things you can expect to read about:
If you have questions or would like to find out about more about a particular topic, email me your request. firstname.lastname@example.org
In today's market, it is vital to have your home running like a well oiled machine and looking like it is the winner of the beauty contest. Regardless of the price range of the home you are selling, you are competing with distress sales, foreclosures, short sales, and corporate owned properties. Gone are the days of thinking a distress sale or foreclosure is not in competition with you. We have to find a way to be the bride and not the bride's maid! The list of items below will help me help you sell your home faster and for a higher price. LETS GET STARTED!
1) Rotten/Deteriorated Wood- Check all window frames, fascia, siding and decking on the home for any signs of rotten or deteriorated wood or siding that needs to be repaired/replaced prior to placing the home on the market.
2) Paint- To avoid having to do a complete paint job on your home, be sure to touch up any areas that are showing signs of wear and tear to the exterior of the home. This will also help prevent rotten/deteriorated wood and siding from becoming an issue (curb appeal is extremely important to getting prospective buyers inside the house).
3) Roof- Inspect the roof for necessary repairs and any broken shingles or tiles. If the roof is at the end of its life and if it is cost effective to do so, go ahead and replace the roof. This is a very big selling feature of the home and will you bring a higher price at contract time (do not wait until the last minute to take care of roof issues because they will just cost you more money in the long run, especially when it comes to negotiations).
4) Gutters/Shutters/Downspouts- Remove any debris in the gutters to make sure water can flow properly. If your shutters need repair, painting, or replacing, do so before placing your home on the market. If downspouts are missing, go ahead and have them replaced.
5) Driveway/Sidewalks-Cracks in the driveway or sidewalks can easily be repaired with ready mix cement. Any discoloration can typically be removed with a pressure washer, which can bring these surfaces back to life.
6) Fences-Fences should be repaired and painted. Again, first impressions are vital to getting buyers in the door.
- If the pool is open or in season, have the pool inspected and serviced. Keep a receipt of the report and work done to fix any issues. This information will be very helpful for a prospective buyer. This information will also be key when it comes to negotiating repairs.
8)Landscaping- It is always nice to have fresh seasonal flowers and ground cover done prior to going to the market. This brings a freshness to the property and gives buyers a feeling of a well maintained property.
- Wash all windows inside and out just prior to placing the home on the market.
1) De-Personalize-Pack up personal photographs and family heirlooms. Buyers can be distracted by a seller's personal items. You want buyers to imagine their own photos on the walls, and they can't do that if yours are there! You don't want to make any buyer ask, "I wonder what kind of people live in this home?"You want buyers to say, "I can see myself living here."
2) De-Clutter-Everyone accumulates massive amounts of junk after living in a home for any period of time. If you are not using it, get rid of it, donate it to charity, or pack it up.
Pay attention to the following areas:
3) Paint-Avoid repainting the whole house unless current colors are very loud and offbeat. It is very important that buyers walk into your home and feel like they can move in immediately. Neutralizing colors in a home allows buyers to see a home as their own more easily. Light pastels can make rooms look larger and are easiest for new homeowners to work with. Repair any cracks or holes in walls and do any touch up painting where needed.
4) Floors-Hardwood floors should be cleaned and polished so that they shine. Keep from having to refinish floors unless it is absolutely necessary in order to sell the home. Carpets should be cleaned and stretched if needed. If the carpet has stains or odors that are not removable, then the carpet should be replaced.
5) Heating and Air- Have your heating and air systems inspected, serviced, and cleaned. Keep the receipt of the work done. This will be very helpful for prospective buyers to see that everything is in good working condition. This will also help during the negotiation process.
6) Plumbing/Electrical-If you know of any plumbing or electrical issues, have them taken care of before putting your house on the market. These items are sure to come up during an inspection and will have to be dealt with sooner or later, so you might as well do them now.
Staging Your Home
-"Staging your home makes 'cents,' even in a down market." Remember four things when staging your home:
SHOWING YOUR HOME
Looking for a home can be an exciting and challenging time for anyone. Having a real estate professional who will take the time to understand your specific needs, will make this process much smoother for all parties involved.
I pride myself in working hard for my clients to find the right home for you and your family. Once we find the right home, I take care of every last detail of the purchase process, from negotiating the terms of the deal to handing you the keys at the closing table.
Making the decision to buy
Marx-Bensdorf, REALTORS® is the oldest real estate firm in the Memphis, Tennessee area. Established in 1868, our company has long been recognized as a quality real estate firm with an Award Winning Relocation Department that has been recognized by its peers as having the highest of standards in the industry by achieving Leading Real Estate Companies of the World®'s RELO® Quality Certification (www.leadingre.com/RQC.aspx). Our outstanding reputation for market knowledge and integrity has won favor from our clients.
Marx-Bensdorf is unique in that our agent's diverse background enables us to provide real estate service for Memphis and the surrounding area, including Arlington, Bartlett, Collierville, Cordova, Eads, Fisherville, Germantown, Lakeland, Oakland, Pipertorn as well as Fayette and Tipton counties. Our broad based coverage area coupled with residential, lot and land experience translates to expert representation for your real estate needs. The relocation department, which I manage, has assisted many clients locally as well as globally. Although we are physically located in Memphis, our service area encompasses all areas of the world, through our membership in Leading Real Estate Companies of the World ® (www.leadingre.com), which is the largest global network of independent real estate brokers. Our resources enable us to manage a single relocation or group move of hundreds from start to finish. With over 30 years of corporate relocation under our belt, we have become very comfortable handling pre-marketing, assigned sales, area orientations, property management, and all facets of corporation relocation.
Through partnering, we are equipped to manage all aspects of a move for you. Our program includes, but is not limited to:
Below you will see an outline for a 6 step marketing plan that will give you, the seller, an idea of what to expect when I am hired as your Realtor. This plan is an outline and can be customized to fit the needs and wants of my clients.
STEP 1-MARKET ANALYSIS
STEP 4- Communication Program
Join me on FACEBOOK to see how we are marketing our clients' homes to potential customers and other real estate agents via our social media networks. We do all the work and give you the option to participate sharing the information with friends and family. Don't sit on the sidelines, get involved! You never know what impact you can have on selling your own home, and who knows? You may even find a new home you fall in love with.
Jon Dickens Realtor on Facebook
Marx-Bensdorf Realtors on Facebook
Search available listings in Memphis and the surrounding areas.
Click the area below to get direct access to the areas you are interested.